Easy Monday Meals: Baked Rigatoni Recipe
This baked rigatoni recipe is quick and easy to prepare as a dinner. It can also provide leftovers for lunch.
Prep and enjoy these recipes at home with our selection of cookware sets.
12 oz dry rigatoni
1 lb Italian Sausage
16 oz Meat Sauce
8 oz Marinara Sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella, divided
8 oz ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees
- Fill a pot 2/3 full with water and boil. Once boiling, put in the pasta. Cook until slightly harder than al dente (it will bake later).
- Place sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until browned. Remove from pan and drain. Carefully wipe out the skillet.
- Lower heat to medium. Put drained sausage back into skillet. Add both sauces and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add ½ cup mozzarella to the skillet and stir into the sausage and sauce.
- Drain pasta.
- Combine the pasta and sauce in a baking dish. Stir to combine.
- Top with remaining ½ cup mozzarella and ricotta.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, depending on how brown you like your cheese.
- Let rest for 5 minutes. Garnish with basil, parsley, tomatoes or mushrooms (optional).