Smart Neighbor Returns Policy
At SmartNeighbor.com, our goal is your complete satisfaction with your purchases. We aim to provide you with the highest-quality products available on the market today, along with second-to-none customer service.
Should you have questions about your products, start with the manufacturer’s website as a valuable resource for product benefits and specifications. Answers to most questions can be found there as well. You may also call their customer support team if you aren’t able to locate the answers you seek.
Should one of life’s little mysteries happen and you decide for whatever reason you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please follow the guidelines below to return your product.
GENERAL RETURN POLICIES
To avoid any further headaches as a result of having to return items after making a purchase, please review item specifications before completing your purchase.
- Returns are accepted within thirty (30) days of delivery after receiving pre-approval from SmartNeighbor.com.
- To return an item, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 1-888-44-SMART to receive a return authorization number. Merchandise must be returned with the authorization number in order to be accepted.
- All returns are subject to a 20% restocking fee.
- Items must be returned using the same shipping method originally utilized.
- Shipping, delivery and handling charges are not refundable on returned items.
- Items will not be accepted unless they are in new condition with all packaging, product literature and blank warranty card included. Items must be returned in the exact condition as received.
- SmartNeighbor.com does not accept returns for items that have been installed, used or plugged in.
- SmartNeighbor.com reserves the right to refuse any merchandise return.
- With approved returns, authorized credit card refunds will be applied to the credit card used at the time of purchase.
- SmartNeighbor.com is not responsible for end user negligence, damage or improper voltage coming into the products.
- Free shipping, rebates, gift cards or BOGOs that have been used in the purchase of your items will become a reduction to any credits issued.
SmartNeighbor.com is not responsible for packages that were incorrectly addressed by the customer. If you contact us by phone or email after your order has been placed regarding an incorrect or incomplete shipping address, we will do our best to correct the information prior to your package being shipped. However, once your package has been processed and shipped, we may be unable to modify the shipping address. An additional fee may be applied to cover rerouting for the package.
- When the delivered package contains obvious damage, it should not be accepted from the carrier.
- It is important to inspect your product thoroughly before signing for it.
- Though your box and packaging may appear intact, it is still possible that your product may have been damaged.
- Inspect for internal and external damage before accepting delivery.
- If you notice there is damage to the product, refuse the package and note the damage on the carrier delivery notice.
- Please call our customer support team immediately and we will issue an authorization number.
- If damage issues are realized after signing for the merchandise, you are responsible for filing a claim with the carrier.
- If your item(s) was shipped via FedEx, call 1-800-463-3339 or click here to provide your tracking number to report a damage claim.
- It is important to power on and/or install the product as soon as possible to confirm it operates properly.
- If you receive an item that is defective upon delivery not due to shipping damages, please contact customer support within twenty-four (24) hours of receipt.
- If your claim is defective after its first use, please contact the manufacturer directly.
- Merchandise should be registered upon receipt, as manufacturers require registration in order to provide technical support and warranty service assistance.
- If a residential appliance is installed in a commercial location, the warranty is voided.
- The manufacturer’s warranty included with the merchandise provides coverage and exclusions.
- Once the unit is taken outside the continental U.S., the manufacturer’s warranty is generally voided.
- SmartNeighbor.com is not responsible for any installation or shipping charges when the manufacturer authorizes a replacement or repair.
PRE-PURCHASING TIPSMAJOR APPLIANCES
- Prior to making a purchase of a major appliance, confirm model specifications, electrical, plumbing and/or exhaust/venting requirements, installation instructions and accessory information that may be required to allow full use of the appliance.
- Washing machines require connections to a hot and cold water supply. If only connected to a cold supply, the appliance will not function properly.
- The dryer’s exhaust venting is critical and must be in compliance with the manufacturer’s installation requirements to ensure safe operation.
- When determining the appliance model to buy, carefully measure the area where your appliance will be placed to ensure a proper fit. It is also helpful to measure all doors that the appliance will need to travel through before reaching its final destination.
- Make sure you know if your home has electric or natural gas connections before making any purchases. Also, check to see if the connection voltage and plug types meet appliance requirements. If you are uncertain, it is recommended you consult a qualified electrician.
- Wall receptacle types vary depending on the product and require reference to the manufacturer’s electrical specification requirements.
- Many electrical ranges and clothes dryers do not come with power cords, wall receptacles and/or the dryer exhaust vent kit that are necessary for proper operation. These items should be purchased separately before your appliance is delivered. Refer to the manufacturer’s electrical and installation specification requirements for additional details. Always check your local building codes or ordinance requirements for your area.
- The majority of manufacturers require the product to be registered within the first thirty (30) days of purchase. This is required to receive technical or warranty assistance.
- Prior to purchasing an electronic product, confirm model specifications and intended use.
- If you are considering adding any accessory components (ex: surround sound, DVR, etc.) you should first check to see if the TV model will allow add-on devices. Not all TVs contain the same input and output capability.
- Some manufacturers recommend the installation of a security strap to provide added safety.
- If you plan to have your TV mounted to a wall, it is important to reference the manufacturer’s installation requirements. This will ensure you are purchasing the correct wall mount kit for a safe installation. An incorrect wall mount kit can result in damage to the TV as well as create a personal safety risk.
- TVs can contain small speakers that create challenges for the hearing impaired. To achieve the desired level of sound, a sound bar may be a good solution.
- If you plan to purchase a smart TV with Wi-Fi capability, ensure your router is also compatible to the specific brand and model. An updated router may assist you with receiving additional feature benefits internal to the TV.
- To protect your investments, consider purchasing a reliable surge protection device.
- If your merchandise has a mail-in requirement for warranty service, it is recommended that you retain the carton and packaging materials until the warranty term expires.