Easy Monday Meals: Pepperoni Pizza
Who needs delivery? Try this easy homemade pepperoni pizza recipe from scratch.
Today is National Pepperoni Pizza Day. If you're in the mood for pizza but don't have a lot of time, then this recipe is perfect. It's easy to make and it tastes just as good as a take-out pie.
Browse our cookware and bakeware here.
(Recipe adapted from GE.)
3 cups all-purpose or bread flour
2 teaspoons rapid-rise or instant yeast
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more as necessary
1 cup water
PIZZA SAUCE INGREDIENTS
6 oz tomato paste
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
8 oz pepperoni
all purpose flour (enough for dusting)
1) Combine flour, yeast and kosher salt in a mixing bowl. Whisk to combine. Add olive oil and water and mix until the mixture becomes a slightly sticky ball, about 30 seconds.
(If the dough seems too dry, add more water - 1 tablespoon at a time and mix for 5 to 10 seconds after each addition.)
2) Coat a large bowl with a teaspoon of olive oil. Remove the dough from the mixing bowl and put into oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap.
3) Let the dough rest at room temperature until it doubles in size, 1 to 2 hours. Or you can refrigerate for several hours, even overnight, before using. If refrigerated, allow the dough to return to room temperature before continuing.
4) Shape the dough into a ball and cut in half. Each ball will make one 12-inch pizza. Let the dough rest for 20 minutes while you heat the oven to 500 degrees.
1) While oven preheats, combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Mix to combine.
2) On a floured surface, pat and stretch dough into a 12-inch circle. If dough is sticky, lightly dust with flour. (Try not to handle dough more than necessary.)
3) Spread pizza sauce over dough, leaving a 1-inch border and sprinkle with cheese. Arrange pepperoni slices over cheese.
4) Bake pizza until dough is crisp and brown, about 10-12 minutes, and transfer to a cutting board.
5) Slice and enjoy!