Easy Monday Meals: Chicken Pad Thai
This quick and easy dinner recipe will also provide leftovers for lunch
(Recipe adapted from Circulon.com)
8 ounces of pad Thai noodles (flat rice noodles)
1/3 cup of ketchup
2 tablespoons of fish sauce
2 tablespoons of sugar
3 tablespoons of peanut oil, divided
3 large of eggs lightly beaten
12 ounces of boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 1/2-inch long strips
2 garlic cloves minced
1 1/2 cups of chopped green onions (optional)
1 cup of bean sprouts (optional)
1/2 cup of finely chopped peanuts (optional)
Lime wedges (optional)
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Combine the ketchup, fish sauce, and sugar in a small bowl. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick stir fry pan over medium heat. Add the eggs and cook, stirring occasionally until set, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and reserve.
- Return the pan to the stove and heat 1 tablespoon of the oil; add the chicken and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes, and transfer to the bowl with the eggs.
- Return pan to the heat and add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Stir in the garlic and cook 45 seconds or until just starting to brown. Stir in the noodles and reserved chicken and egg mixture and cook until hot, 1-2 minutes. Add the ketchup mixture and cook, tossing, 1 minute. Stir in the green onions and remove from the heat.
- Divide among 4 plates and garnish each with 1/4 cup bean sprouts and sprinkle with peanuts. Serve with lime wedges if desired.