Easy Grilling Recipes: Honey Mustard Ribs & Charred Brussels Sprouts
Fire up the grill and tantalize your taste buds with these two recipes
Spring is giving way to summer and grilling season is in full swing. Grilling elevates flavors, infuses dishes with smoky undertones and creates unique textures. By mastering different techniques and experimenting with different marinades, you can transform simple ingredients into extraordinary culinary creations. Whether you're a seasoned pit master or a novice outdoor cook, these two mouthwatering recipes - courtesy of Broil King - will take your culinary skills to new heights.
Honey Mustard Ribs
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
2 Tbsp. honey
2 Tbsp. mustard
2 Tbsp. hot sauce
Dill (to taste)
Olive oil (for covering the ribs)
2 Tbsp. garlic
- Mix marinade of olive oil, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Rub on the pork ribs and marinate for at least 1 hour but preferably overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place the pork ribs inside a Broil King rib roaster; set the grill to 300°F. Cook for 2-3 hours, or until a rib bone can be removed easily.
- Combine honey, mustard, hot sauce, and dill.
- Coat the ribs with the honey mustard, and finish uncovered, directly on the cooking grate at medium heat for 15 – 20 minutes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
2 lbs. Brussel sprouts, rinsed, cored, and halved
1 tsp. kosher salt
2 Tbsp. canola oil
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. lime juice
1 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 Tbsp. fish sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. chili paste
handful of cilantro, chopped
- In a large bowl, mix together Brussel sprouts, kosher salt, and oil.
- Preheat grill on high heat (about 500°F) with a Wok or Roaster Basket
- While the grill preheats, make the vinaigrette. Whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, maple syrup, fish sauce, garlic and chili paste.
- When the grill is hot, cook Brussel sprouts in the wok or basket for 15-20 minutes, until nicely charred and cooked through.
- Toss charred Brussel sprouts - a couple spoonfuls at a time - in a large bowl with the vinaigrette. Season to taste. Garnish with cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice.