Easy Fall Recipes: Pumpkin Bread
Take advantage of pumpkin season with this perfectly spiced, moist quick bread recipe
It's officially fall - the leaves are changing colors and pumpkin spice is being added to everything. Here is an easy recipe for pumpkin bread that will get you into the fall mood. It has a rich texture with just the right amount of sweetness.
(Recipe adapted from KitchenAid/Yummly.)
Check out our bakeware here.
Makes two loaves
- 2-1/2 C sugar
- 1 C vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin (do not use pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 C flour
- 1 tsp ground clove
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- optional additions: pecans, walnuts, chocolate chips and top with cinnamon or maple glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 9x5x3 loaf pans.
- Beat sugar and oil in a large bowl; then beat in eggs and pumpkin.
- Add half the flour, all the spices, baking soda, powder and salt. Stir gently to combine.
- Add the rest of the flour and stir gently.
- Divide the batter into the pans, and bake 50-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Finish cooling on wire racks.