Alabama Power Company Terms of Service for Reynolds Landing Alexa Voice Services
What is the Alabama Power Company Alexa Skill (“APC Alexa Skill”)? The APC Alexa Skill is a voice-driven capability that enables you to access certain information about your Alabama Power Company customer account (“Linked Account”) and energy usage linked to that account on devices that connect to the Alexa Voice Service (“Alexa”), like the Amazon Echo, Amazon Echo Show, Amazon Tap and Amazon Fire TV (“Connected Devices”). Once you’ve enabled the APC Alexa Skill, you can ask Alexa to check your account balance, energy usage, when your payment is due, and more by simply using your voice. When you make a request to the APC Alexa Skill (a “User Request”), you will receive a voice response from the APC Alexa Skill (an “APC Response”), and a record of the voice interaction (an “Alexa Card”) may appear in the Alexa companion app (the “Alexa App”), and if you are utilizing an Amazon Echo Show, a separate record of the voice interaction may appear on the device display (the "Alexa Display"). To learn more about Alexa, please visit Alexa Help.
The APC Alexa Skill is not set up to respond to customer service requests, and the skill has limited ability to respond to any free-form audio messages at this time. Please do not send us messages through Alexa unless the message is an audio command that the APC Alexa Skill is programmed to recognize. The APC Alexa Skill is also not intended to be used to dispute a charge on your Linked Account. For all customer service inquiries, please contact us at the following link or call us at 1-800-245-2244 and a Customer Support Representative will assist you.
By downloading this skill, you agree to the terms, conditions, and disclosures contained below, including any terms or conditions linked or incorporated herein.
IMPORTANT TERMS, CONDITIONS & DISCLOSURES
- This APC Alexa Skill is only available on a pilot basis to participants in the Reynolds Landing subdivisions who have executed the Homeowner Participation Agreement with APC. It is not available and cannot be downloaded by any other individuals. See “Linking your Account” below.
- You also warrant and represent that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older.
Linking your Account
- To enable the APC Alexa Skill, open the Alexa App on your Personal Device (as defined below), search for “Alabama Power Company Alexa Skill” under “Skills” in the menu, then select “ENABLE.” As a condition to enabling the APC Alexa Skill, you will be prompted to link your Linked Account to the APC Alexa Skill. An APC-hosted log-in page will appear through the Alexa App, and you will be prompted to log in to your Linked Account by using your Linked Account’s User ID and Password.
- Please note that the APC-hosted log-in page is visible only to you, unless you expose your Personal Device viewing screen to others or otherwise share this page. Your Linked Account User ID and Password are not visible to or shared with Amazon.
- If you do not have a Linked Account User ID and Password, or you have lost or forgotten your APC User ID or Password, you can retrieve help regarding online access at the following link.
- You can unlink your Linked Account from the APC Alexa Skill at any time. See “Unlinking Your Linked Account” below for a description on how to do so.
- When you have linked your Linked Account to the APC Alexa Skill, you will be able to start engaging with the APC Alexa Skill.
- To see the final charge posted against your Linked Account, please go to your Billing Statement. For a copy of your Billing Statement or other account details, please log in to your Linked Account at http://www.alabamapower.com/.
- Account information you receive from the APC Alexa Skill does not replace or act as your Billing Statement. In the event there are any inconsistencies between such information and your Billing Statement, your Billing Statement governs and reflects the appropriate charges due.
Consent to Data Sharing and Usage
- APC will share APC Responses, Alexa Cards, and Alexa Displays with Amazon only for the purpose of responding to your User Requests and providing the APC Alexa Skill and services related thereto.
- Information shared with Amazon may include the last 5 digits of your Linked Card(s), balance on Linked Card accounts, most recent charges, the name of your bank institution, last 4 digits of your bank institution account, available credit, energy usage data or other account information. Such information will remain subject to the APC Alexa Skill Privacy Statement, and the Southern Company Privacy Statement, and Amazon may only use such information to service you.
- APC may use the billing address that we already have on file for you in order to support location-based services that you may request from the APC Alexa Skill, such as more relevant Simple Card timestamps. APC will use your billing address in accordance with the APC Alexa Skill Privacy Statement.
Unlinking Your Linked Account
- You can unlink your Linked Account by disabling the APC Alexa Skill. To disable the APC Alexa Skill, open the Alexa App on your Personal Device, search for “APC” under “Skills” in the menu, then select “DISABLE SKILL."
- You cannot unlink a single Linked Card.
- You can re-link your unlinked Linked Account (see "Linking your Account").
Privacy and Data Use / Data Collection
- Amazon will retain voice recordings of your interactions with the APC Alexa Skill. To delete voice recordings, go to “Settings” and follow the instructions.
- As noted earlier, your APC User ID and Password are not visible to or shared with Amazon.
- It is solely your responsibility to maintain the physical security of any personal devices (including Connected Devices, as defined above)used to access the Alexa App (for example, your mobile phone, tablet, and/or laptop) (collectively, “Personal Devices”) and the confidentiality of the information and services accessible through Personal Devices and the Alexa App.
- You should keep your Personal Devices, your APC User ID and Password, your Amazon user ID and password, and other credentials secure in the same manner as you would keep secure your cash, checks, credit cards, and other personal identification numbers and passwords that you wish to keep private and confidential.
- We recommend that you always use available security and lock features on your Personal Devices. If you do not utilize the lock screen feature of your Personal Devices or log out of the Alexa App, the messages and other information contained in the Alexa App, including the Alexa Cards, will be accessible to anyone with access to your Personal Devices.
- Please note that all information on your Alexa Display will be viewable to anyone who can see your Echo Show or other Personal Device.
- Do not include any sensitive personal information (e.g., your Linked Card number(s), Social Security Number, date of birth, etc.) in a session with Alexa. Please note we will never ask you for, state or otherwise include, your Linked Card number(s) or other sensitive information, via Alexa or in any emails. If you receive a message that you believe could be fraudulent, please contact us immediately.
- To avoid any unauthorized access to your personal information, particularly in the event you believe: (1) someone has gained unauthorized access to your Amazon account, a Personal Device or your APC User ID or Password, or Amazon user ID or password; or (2) your device or credentials have been or may be lost, stolen or otherwise compromised in any way, you should immediately:
- disable the APC Alexa Skill;
- change your compromised credentials, and
- notify the party issuing your compromised credentials.
- You agree to notify us immediately if you suspect fraudulent or abusive activity relating to your Linked Account or Linked Card(s).
Third Party Agreements
- Amazon, your mobile operating system provider, and other third party services or sites incorporated in Amazon or linked to or through the APC Alexa Skill, have their own terms and conditions and privacy policies and practices (collectively, “Third Party Agreements”). You may be subject to these Third Party Agreements when you use the APC Alexa Skill, give these third parties your personal information, or otherwise use their services (e.g. if you decide to add your Linked Card number and billing information to your Amazon account for purchases) or visit their respective mobile platforms or websites. It is your responsibility to review and accept all applicable Third Party Agreements before using the APC Alexa Skill.
- APC is not responsible for the security, accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of the content or functionality of Amazon, Alexa, any device or any third party’s products or services (whether or not related) that may be incorporated or linkable from the APC Alexa Skill.
- We are not responsible for, and do not provide, any support or assistance for any third party hardware, software or other products or services. If you have any questions or issues with a third party product or service, including issues pertaining to the operation of your supported iOS or Android device, please contact the appropriate third party in accordance with its procedures for customer support. If you have any questions or issues pertaining to Alexa (other than questions or issues specific to the use of the APC Alexa Skill), please contact Amazon.
- While APC does not currently charge a fee for your use of the APC Alexa Skill, you will be responsible for all fees that may be imposed by non-APC parties in connection with such use (such as data usage charges) and subject to any restrictions those third parties may impose.
- We may suspend, limit, interrupt, restrict, discontinue or terminate any and all aspects of the APC Alexa Skill and your access to the APC Alexa Skill in our sole discretion, for any reason, and without notice or liability to you or any third party.
- Communications. You agree that we may communicate with you about matters related to the APC Alexa Skill and your use of same through the use of our website or the email address you have on file for your Linked Account. We may always, in our sole discretion, also provide you with any such communications on paper, even if you have authorized or requested electronic delivery.
- ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO DELIBERATELY INTERFERE, INTERRUPT, MODIFY, AUDIT, ASSESS, RE-ENGINEER, DILUTE, TARNISH, OR DAMAGE ANY ASPECT OF THE APC ALEXA SKILL OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE APC ALEXA SKILL IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES, INJUNCTIONS, AND COSTS (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.