GE® AEE24DT 24,000 BTU Electronic Heat/Cool Room Air Conditioner
Model No. AEE24DT
Price may vary
GE® 230 Volt Electronic Heat/Cool Room Air Conditioner
24,000 / 23,900 BTU
Model # AEE24DT
How to Choose a Room Air Conditioner
Compared to large-capacity central units, room air conditioners have several advantages. The initial cost of a room air conditioning unit is significantly lower than the cost of central air. Because room air conditioners are designed for cooling small spaces, operating costs are reduced. And, room air conditioners can provide personalized temperature and humidity controls that central systems cannot.
Calculating Cooling Capacity
Cooling capacity is the critical factor in properly selecting a room air conditioner. Cooling capacity is measured in British Thermal Units (BTUs).
Choosing an undersized unit will overwork the unit and it will not cool properly. Choosing an over-sized unit will cost more to buy and operate and it will not dehumidify properly.
To help you to calculate capacity, gather specific information for your salesperson on:
- Room Dimensions
- A simple floor plan to show the location of doors and north-facing windows
- The number of people it will serve
- Sources of heat such as lamps, TVs, and appliances
- An explanation of what's above the intended room
- Your insulation provisions
Cooling Capacity by Room Size
Measure the length and width of the area to be cooled. Multiply the length by the width to determine square footage or square meters. Locate the room size in the chart below to select the appropriate BTUs. Then use the product information to select the unit for your room. When cooling rooms with uninsulated ceilings, great rooms, or southern or western sun exposures, step up to the next BTU size.
- 24,000 / 23,900 BTU, 9.4 EER., 230 / 208 Volts
- Fits windows 30" - 41" wide, minimum height 19-1/4"
- R-410A refrigerant
- Electronic digital thermostat and remote control
- Energy Saver feature
- Airflow (cfm) Roomside (hi/low): 470/400
- Chassis Type: Slide-Out
- Delay Timer: 24-Hour On/Off Timer
- Fan Speed Selections: 3 Cooling, 3 Fan Only, 3 Heating
- Filter Type: One-Touch Lift-Out
- Louver Style: 4-Way Adjustable
- Mounting Type: EZ Mount
- Plug Type: Perpendicular / Right Angle / NEMA 6-20P / LCDI
- Remote Control
- Rotary Compressor
- Thermostat Type: Electronic
- Unit Type: Heat / Cool Unit
- Vent/Air Exchange Exhaust: Top Air Discharge
- Refrigerant Type: R-410A - Non-Ozone-Depleting Refrigerant
- Unit Features: Selectable Thermostat on Remote
- Cooling BTUH (MIN): 23600.0 Btu
- Cooling BTUH (MAX): 24000.0 Btu
- Heating - Electric - BTUH - AHAM - 1R: 11,000/8,700
- Cooling EER (BTUH / Watt): 9.4/9.4
- Dehumidification (pts./hr.): 8
- Energy Saver
- Depth to Louvers: 7 1/4"
- Grille Depth: 1 31/32"
- Min./Max. Window Opening Width: 30/41"
- Minimum Window Opening Height: 19-1/4"
- Net Weight: 135 lbs.
- Dimensions: 26 17/32"W x 26 5/16"D x 18 5/8"H
- CEER: 9.4/9.4
- Cooling - Rated Cooling Amps AHAM: 11.3/12.3
- Cooling - Watts: 2550/2510
- Heating - Electric - Heater Amps: 16.0/15.6
- Heating - Electric - Heater Watts: 3500
- Heating - Electric - Input Watts: 3700/3070
- Voltage (MIN): 208.0 V
- Voltage (MAX): 230.0 V
1-year limited manufacturer warranty.