Tomorrow's homes. Today.
to your new
Let's get you set up to start enjoying all the new features and technology your home has to offer.Begin
Get to know your Smart Neighborhood home.
Your home is filled with the latest and greatest appliances and connected technology. We’re here to help you get everything linked together and running right.
Set Up Services
If you haven’t already, please establish accounts by contacting the companies below in the order indicated to get your new Reynolds Landing Smart Neighborhood™ home connected.
If you have already set up your services, you can use the red buttons below to login to your account.
Here’s some helpful information to help you make the most of your Smart Neighborhood home.
Your in-wall Smart Outlets enable wireless control of on/off functions and is compatible with incandescent, LED, xenon, halogen, fluorescent and compact fluorescent bulbs. This duplex receptacle includes a Z-Wave enabled outlet for the lamp or appliance that you would like to control and a standard pass-through AC outlet for other electrical appliances.
Induction cooking is a method of cooking food in metal pans using magnetic energy from induction coils beneath the ceramic cooktop on which the pans are placed. Induction range tops combine the versatility of gas with the wide temperature range of electric burners. Because induction temperatures don’t fluctuate, that’s perfect for melting chocolate. When tested, induction burners managed to boil six cups of water in under five minutes, with the right front burner boiling that amount in a mere three minutes.
You probably already know that one of the main benefits of your Smart Home is the ability to control your technology through mobile apps. But, did you know that you can also control your Smart Home with just your voice? With Amazon Echo, you can command Alexa to control the Vivint Complete, Carrier Infinity and Rheem EcoNet systems in your Smart Home. Visit Amazon.com to find these Alexa Skills, add them to your Amazon Echo account and then discover all your devices through Alexa.
There are hundreds of spots where you can learn the ins and outs of Alexa commands, so we encourage you to explore her capabilities at your convenience. Here are some common commands, you may use more frequently with your Smart Home, to get you started:
“Alexa, turn on I’m home.”
“Alexa, tell Vivint to turn on the lights.”
“Alexa, tell Vivint to unlock the front door.”
“Alexa, tell Roomba to start cleaning.”
“Alexa, set temperature to 70 degrees.”
Each Reynolds Landing home features the latest and most efficient equipment from Carrier and Rheem available today.
Please visit the Carrier and Rheem websites to learn more.
Your Samsung suite of appliances will help simplify everyday while making your home more convenient than ever before.
Please visit the Samsung website to learn more.
Vivint award-winning products are designed to work seamlessly together on one intuitive platform, for a streamlined and simple smart home experience.
Please visit the Vivint website to learn more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is the RTA rate recommended for Reynolds Landing?
What APC products and services would be a good fit for me?
- Paperless billing: a convenient way to get your energy bills each month through your email.
- Budget billing: plan your energy expenses and spread your costs over 12 months with Budget Billing, upon eligibility. Budget Billing is a free service that averages the highs and lows of your electric bills by giving you an average price to pay each month. You pay the same amount in the end, but with budget billing it is levelized. Note that your budget billing amount may change over time as your average usage increases or decreases.
- Auto-pay (Electronic funds transfer (EFT)) – hassle-free bill-paying: we’ll do the work with automatic deductions from your checking account.
When should I call Alabama Power?
When should I call Signature Homes?
Email Signature Homes for service: firstname.lastname@example.org
Signature Homes will be happy to help you with the following:
- Vivint technology
- Connected technology
- General feedback
- Any general billing inquiries
Where can I find out more information about the Smart Neighborhood?
- For more information, you can visit the website or check out Alabama NewsCenter for a project overview.
- Some high points about your innovative neighborhood:
- Smart Neighborhood™ by Alabama Power is a state-of-the-art community of 62 homes featuring emerging energy-efficient technologies, materials and appliances, all connected to a community-scale microgrid.
- Smart Neighborhood is a research and demonstration project where performance data and energy usage will be gathered from the homes’ innovative features and analyzed to provide insight into how homes can be built and function more efficiently.
- Information from the HVAC systems, heat pump water heaters and other technologies will help Alabama Power determine which programs and services can provide new, creative energy solutions for customers.
- The energy for Smart Neighborhood will be provided by the existing electric grid, and a community-scale microgrid composed of solar panels, battery storage and backup generation. The microgrid will have the capability to generate more than 600,000 kilowatt hours of energy annually, enough to power the neighborhood and support the existing electric grid.
- The mix of renewable energy generation sources, like solar panels, and the ability to interact with each home’s HVAC systems and water heater makes this a state-of-the-art project. Alabama Power will operate the microgrid, and will be able to utilize specific assets of the microgrid for demonstration purposes to see how it works most efficiently.
- Major parts of the microgrid include a 330 kWh AC solar array, around 600 kWh of battery storage and 400 kWh of natural gas backup generation, which will serve as another source for reliability and grid support.
- Information and data collected from the microgrid will provide Alabama Power with valuable operational experience as the company evaluates microgrid technology. Data from Smart Neighborhood will be collected for two years.
How can I give Alabama Power feedback?
Periodically, Reynolds Landing homeowners will receive invitations to participate in surveys geared toward learning more about how residents use their Smart Neighborhood home, their understanding of various features of the home and their opinion regarding these features and their usage. We welcome feedback from homeowners to better understand how these features can improve home building and functionality to make people’s lives easier. In addition to the data collected, survey feedback from homeowners will provide information about the HVAC systems, heat pump water heaters and other technologies which will help Alabama Power determine which programs and services can provide new, creative energy solutions for customers.
Are there opportunities to learn about my Reynolds Landing home?
Alabama Power, in conjunction with Signature Homes, will provide opportunities for homeowners to learn more about their home, the features within it, and how they can make the most of the innovative technologies. Through on-site visits and demonstrations at Alabama Power’s Idea Home, as well as various other community get-togethers, homeowners will have the opportunity to engage with experts from Alabama Power to ask questions, learn about their home and share their thoughts.
How do I adjust my ‘Comfort Preferences’?
- You can adjust your comfort preferences anytime by going through the Smart Neighborhood Connect portal.
- Day to day preferences are managed via the system applications (Carrier and Rheem).
- The web portal manages comfort preferences for the community research.
Where can I find out more information on Alexa?
Simply visit the Alexa User Guide to get more information on how Alexa can make your life easier and more fun.
Are there additional resources to learn about features in my home appliances?
What are Smart Neighborhood gift codes?
Special gift codes to be used on smartneighbor.com could be offered to you periodically. This ecommerce site has a collection just for Smart Neighborhood- Reynolds Landing home owners. These codes are specific to the homeowner. The Reynolds Landing collection has been created to enhance the connected lifestyle, while remaining compatible with the features in your home. Please be mindful of gift code expiration dates, and also note that codes cannot be combined and no refund can be given for unused portions of the gift code amount.
When will data collection begin on my home?
Data collection begins when the homeowner moves in, and will last for a two-year period.
Will I be contacted by anyone because of my participation in this program?
- You should only be contacted by Alabama Power regarding surveys, special events around Reynolds Landing, or to share information about your Smart Neighborhood home.
- You will not receive unsolicited contacts from Alabama Power, and the company will not contact you in person or by phone regarding your power bill. If someone does reach out to you about your power bill, please hang up and call the Alabama Power Customer Service Center at 1-800-245-2244 to report the caller.
- Other ways to protect yourself from scams:
- Alabama Power employees will never come to your door and demand an immediate payment.
- No employee will ever call and ask you for bank information or a credit card number.
- Any Alabama Power employee who comes to your door for any reason will have company identification that he or she will gladly show. If you have any questions about whether the person works for Alabama Power, call 1-888-430-5787 and do not let the person inside your home until you receive proper verification.
- Scammers sometimes claim they represent a public agency or government office offering grants that can pay your Alabama Power or other utility bill. Never provide anyone making this claim your credit card information, your Alabama Power Company bill information or account number, or any personal banking information. If someone makes this claim, call Alabama Power or your local police department to report it.
About the Microgrid
- A community-scale power system, or microgrid, will be built to generate energy for the neighborhood.
- The microgrid will be able to generate more than 600,000 kWh of energy annually.
- The microgrid will include solar panels, battery storage and a backup generator.
- Homes in Smart Neighborhood will receive energy from both the microgrid and the exisiting electric grid.
- The microgrid is a key part of research and demonstration for the project, and will provide Alabama Power valuable operational experience as we evaluate the future of microgrid technology.
About Neighborhood Outages
Our top priority is taking care of our customers. An important part of that is keeping reliability high, and for decades, we have consistently provided electricity more than 99 percent of the time. Just like with all of our customers and their service, sometimes weather events or issues do occur that are out of our control that could hinder reliability. Even though the neighborhood is connected to both the microgrid and the existing electric grid, reliability issues could occur like any other neighborhood. Our promise is that whatever the issue may be, we will work as safely and quickly as possible to restore power.
How can I learn more about my home’s energy efficiency features?
Below are all the enhanced energy-efficient building features in your home, such as improved insulation, triple-pane windows and LED lighting.
What if I want to change a Smart Neighborhood feature in my home?
Please refer to your Homeowners Participation agreement for more information on changing out features.
What happens with my technologies when my power goes out?
All the technology in your home should automatically reconnect if your power goes out. In the event it does not, please reach out to Signature Homes at (205) 989-5588.
How do I transfer and/or cancel my Vivint services after the 2 year research period?
Please contact Vivint, 18 months after your service period begins, to let them know if you will be continuing with their service or not, after the 24 month period.
If you choose to continue, Vivint will need to gather billing information to establish a new agreement, with a current agreed upon rate.
If you choose not to continue, please inform Vivint at that time so they can turn off your service at the end of the 24 month period. You will be able to keep the equipment, as that has already been paid for.