Each home features cutting-edge systems and appliances to give homeowners more control over their home’s features and energy use.Learn More
Smart Neighborhood Idea House
Alabama Power’s Smart Neighborhood brings together technologies and data in a new way to help families take control of their energy use and live better today, enabling a community’s energy systems to generate the information needed to create more efficient products and services for tomorrow.
A hub for the project’s research, the Smart Neighborhood Idea House showcases the streamlined connectivity of the advanced products, efficient equipment and enhanced building features.
Create your own smart home. Browse products from the Smart Neighborhood Idea House and more.Shop the Home
- A high-efficiency Carrier® Infinity® heat pump and Rheem® Prestige® Series hybrid electric water heater
- Tech-connected automation: Carrier Infinity Greenspeed® intelligence home comfort system with an Infinity Touch thermostat, Rheem EcoNet® mobile app and Vivint Smart HomeTM system, including voice-activated security, smart locks, lights, cameras and garage door control
- Interconnected Samsung appliances from the Alabama Power Appliance Center: smart hub refrigerator, dishwasher, washer and dryer, and an induction cooking range
- Enhanced energy-efficient building features: improved insulation, triple-pane windows and LED lighting.
- AT&T U-verse fiber-optic technology for seamless integration of television, Internet service of up to 1000 mbps and digital home phone service.