Pamper Your Pooch with Homemade Treats
These homemade dog biscuits will leave your pup wagging their tail for more.
Browse our ovens here.
(Adapted from GE.com)
2/3 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
2 large eggs
3 cups whole wheat flour, plus more, as needed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat pumpkin puree, eggs and peanut butter with a mixer until well combined.
4. Slowly add 2 1/2 cups flour at low speed, mixing until just incorporated. Add more flour, little by little, until dough is not sticky.
5. Using a lightly floured surface, knead the dough several times until it comes together.
6. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough until it is 1/4-inch thick.
7. Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes, and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
8. Bake until edges are golden brown, roughly 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
These treats can be keep at room temperature for one week in an airtight container. For longer storage, keep the treats in the freezer and pull out as needed. You'll appreciate knowing what ingredients are inside, and your pup will thank you for the tasty snack!