5 Real-Life Recipes You Can Cook on the Countertop
See how small appliances and seasonal ingredients can streamline dinner prep for intimate gatherings or fireside chats with a house full of friends!
Pressure cookers have come a long way since their American debut at the New York World’s Fair in 1939. Nothing could be simpler than today’s electric pressure cookers, tenderizing a 3-lb chuck roast in 30 minutes or steaming sweet potatoes in just 10. What a blessing to have a hot meal fixed fast on a cold day! Warm up with this Texas Style Chili featuring fresh beans and bell peppers from the makers of our favorite NuWave Pressure Cooker.
Texas Style Chili
(Adapted from NuWave Pressure Cooker Cookbook)
3 pounds beef chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 yellow onion, finely chopped
2 celery stalks, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
3 tablespoons ground chili powder
1 tablespoon sweet paprika
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon oregano leaves
1 bay leaf
1 cup cannellini beans, pre-soaked overnight
2 cups diced tomatoes with juice
1/4 cup tomato paste
1/2 cup beef broth
- Pat meat dry.
- In pressure cooker, heat olive oil on medium (275°F).
- Brown meat in pressure cooker in batches for 2-3 minutes per side, adding more oil if necessary. Set aside.
- Inside pressure cooker, add onions, celery and bell pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add dry spices.
- Pour in beef broth, diced tomatoes and paste. Stir to combine.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add meat along with juices. Mix well.
- Cover and lock push plate.
- Turn pressure regulator to 2 for high pressure.
- Cook on high (425°F) for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Release steam by moving pressure regulator to steam release position.
- Release lock on push plate.
- Let chili stand for 5 minutes to settle flavors. For extra flavor, garnish with sour cream, cheddar cheese and green onion.
Finally, the future of cooking is here: turn up the technology and pair your phone with the Hestan Cue smart cooking system. Developed by professional chefs, software developers, and meticulous designers, the Hestan Cue is a breakthrough in simple, innovative, gourmet cooking. Download the app for step-by-step instructions, or preview this succulent meal, Winter Duck Breast seared atop a warm, bitter green salad, for a healthy yet hearty winter dish.
Winter Duck Breast Salad
(Adapted from Hestan Cue Recipes)
For the Duck:
2 duck breasts (5 oz. each), skin on
kosher salt (as needed)
black pepper, freshly cracked (as needed)
1 sprig thyme
1 garlic clove
For the Dressing:
⅛ cup dried cherries
½ cup apple juice
½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
½ tsp sherry or red wine vinegar
For the Salad:
1 ½ cup baby arugula
½ head radicchio plus ½ head of frisée or 1 cup mesclun
Dinner at 8
Cook an entire meal for a table of 8 with the NuWave Pro Plus Oven! Savory Roasted Garlic Mushrooms, Herb-Coated Fingerling Potatoes, and Fennel-Rubbed Pork Loin cook to perfection in delicious layers in this single countertop cooker. Fresh and dried herbs, a pound of mushrooms, olive oil, coarse salt, and a pork loin are all you need. This video shows you step-by-step how to prepare this delicious meal with basic ingredients you can find at your local grocery store.
Fun Family Favorite
The Ninja Precision Food Processor with Auto-Spiralizer is a fun, affordable machine that kneads dough, shreds zoodles, and makes precision pasta with the push of a button. Try this twist on sweet potato fries roasted in the oven and served with a side of homemade honey mustard.
Baked Sweet Potato Curly Fries
(Adapted from NinjaKitchen.com)
3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and trimmed
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray; set aside.
- Position Spaghetti Blade onto Collecting Bowl and assemble Feed Chute Lid. Place sweet potato into feed chute; secure on Blade Disc pin. Firmly secure pusher. Select START/STOP; process sweet potato. Transfer sweet potato noodles to a mixing bowl and set aside. Repeat process with second and third sweet potatoes.
- Toss sweet potato noodles with oil, salt, and pepper. Evenly distribute on prepared baking sheet. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, tossing gently every 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with Honey Mustard Sauce. Whisk all ingredients until combined:
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/2 cup honey
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Entertain with Ease
Friends stopping by tonight? Try a new spin on an old favorite: agave-sweetened frozen hot chocolate! It’s a cinch to make with your Ninja Mega Kitchen System or the Ninja Pro 1000, both with extra large blender jars that easily prepare this delicious treat for a crowd.
Frozen Hot Chocolate
(Adapted from NinjaKitchen.com)Ingredients
2 cups low-fat milk
1/2 cup instant nonfat dry milk
5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup agave nectar
3 cups ice
- In a medium sized bowl, combine 1 cup of milk with the instant nonfat dry milk, cocoa powder, agave, and salt. Whisk until all ingredients have formed a smooth slurry.
- Add ice to your blender pitcher, followed by the slurry and the last cup of milk.
- Pulse 3 times, then select Speed 3 if using a Ninja blender, and mix until smooth, about 45 seconds.
- Serve in festive glasses, garnished with a peppermint stick.